Promotionsprogramm ProArt




Visa, Insurance etc.

Travel insurance, visa and passport


Travel Insurance

We do not provide any insurance for students. Please make sure that you have your own travel insurance when you arrive in Germany.

Visa and identity papers

Students coming from outside of the Schengen area will need valid identity papers. On the planned date of departure from Germany, your papers should have at least three more months' validity. You might also need a visa. Please check the list provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany to see if you will need a visa in order to enter the Schengen area. If you will need a visa, please contact the nearest German Embassy for further assistance. The Summer School staff will send you a letter of acceptance, but we cannot provide you with any assistance in obtaining a passport or visa. As the application process for a visa may take a few weeks, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible.


Make sure that your visa allows for a few travel days both before and after the Summer School session. If you plan to extend your stay after the end of the summer school, please take that into account when applying for your visa as well.